Friday, June 25, 2004

Quickie thought: Moore's film?

Re: "Farenheit 9/11"

Won't go see it in the theatres... but not for the reason that you're probably thinking it's for.

No I'm not going to abstain from viewing it because of Moore's liberal characterization of Bush Junior being an ineffective yet manipulative politician eager to get us into Iraq. I'm not going to abstain from viewing it because of Moore's grandstanding or his pathetic speech in the Oscars. I'm not going to abstain from viewing it because the liberals tell me to see it. I'm not even going to abstain from viewing it because the conservatives are telling me to do so. In fact, hearing conservatives tell me not to see this movie would otherwise send me INTO the theatres, not away from them.

No, the only reason why I will be abstaining this movie is because it is a documentary.

If I'm plopping down $20 for tickets and overpriced non-biodegradable snacks, I want to be ENTERTAINED. Novel thought, sure... check my online column from a few weeks ago about this. I want my money's worth, and a 2-hour lecture/speech just doesn't cut it.

What would get me to see it in the theatre? Two words: beautiful woman. Of course I probably wouldn't be thinking about the movie if I went there with a beautiful woman, but it WOULD get me to spend money on it.

No comments: