Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Good night Felix

Tony Randall died the other day, much to my shock.

Randall was best known as Felix Unger, the hypersensitive clean freak and best friend to slob Oscar Madison in Neil Simon's classic play "The Odd Couple". Randall along with co-star Jack Kluggman took the Broadway hit to a successful TV series in the early 1970's.

I was shocked to hear the news of his passing because one of my best acting roles was Oscar, in a scene from that play done in high school. The person playing Felix was my best friend, and you could say it was the ideal casting because the two of us really resembled our characters. He really was the neat-freak, and I was somewhat the slob.

So rest well in the great beyond Felix. You know Oscar will be a little late, as usual.

No comments: