Sunday, December 07, 2008

The Big Surprise: "American Heathen®" RETURNS!

If you didn't get to hear my show this past Saturday, don't worry, I won't keep you in suspense any longer...

The big announcement that I was hyping...

"American Heathen®" is coming back to ShockNet Radio!

For those of you who are new to the world of Brutally Honest, "American Heathen®" was ShockNet Radio's weekend show, hosted by RJ Evans. It was on the air on Fridays and Saturdays for three hours and it had a good collection of co-hosts and characters that dealt with various social issues, mostly involving religion. I provided some of the material, eventually becoming a regular fixture on the show as "The News Pundit". This eventually inspired me to go ahead and resurrect my radio show.

Sadly, RJ got sort of burned out by some of the things that went on behind the scenes and he closed shop on the radio show. But he never got rid of the radio bug, and after several long phone calls with me, he finally decided to bring "American Heathen®" back on the air.

But it won't be the same show as before! In fact, the new incarnation will be called "American Heathen® Redux", and there will be some serious changes to it.

First of all, it won't be a three-hour program with numerous radio personalities. This will be ninety minutes of social-political-commentary on various issues of the time.

Second, RJ will have his first CROSS-COUNTRY co-host. Yes, *I* will be RJ's wingman from my recording facilities here in Atlanta. "How is that possible", you ask? Stay tuned and you'll find out how RJ and I will pull this off.

By the way, we will still have the chat room, which I will be taking part in, and we will be accepting calls. Andrew the Intern will be manning the phones, and yes all calls will be screened.

So for all of you ShockNet fans who have been hoping and praying that the "Heathen" would return, I hope you enjoy the new incarnation, and for my Brutally Honest fans, don't worry, I'll still be doing my own program in addition to this one.

(OH, btw, the reason why I have to have that funky little circle-R is because "American Heathen®" is an officially protected trademark of RJ Evans. He really does own that moniker.)

No comments: