Thursday, July 22, 2004

Guys: Tell the truth!

First there was Laci Peterson... now there's this new case over in Salt Lake City of Lori Hacking.

Pregnant wife disappears, husband gets caught up in lies...  There aren't any charges against the husband right now, but if a body shows up that has already assumed room temperature, then this guy will be in some serious trouble.

I hope that isn't the case, though.  I hope that Lori is alive and otherwise okay.  I hope that she's not in some woodchipper or the newest fish attraction at the bottom of some lake.  I'm serious.

What is this world coming to?

Listen, guys, if your wife has gone missing, then you'd better come clean with the police about EVERYTHING, because your sorry ass is already the #1 suspect in these situations, and getting caught in a lie only makes things worse. 

Just ask Scott Peterson if you don't believe me.  That guy COULD have gotten away with it if only he came clean about his fooling around.  But no, he wanted to keep up the hoax of being the "perfect husband", even when it was all falling apart around him.

And I guess it REALLY bothers me that you would have these guys who seem to have it all and then do something really stupid like Peterson did.  These guys don't know what it's like to be miserable on the holidays because there's nobody in your life to enjoy it with.  They don't know what it's like to dread birthdays because they just remind you that you're getting older and that your life still sucks.  No, they have their perfect job, their perfect wife, and their perfect suburban dream life.  They have everything that guys like me can only dream of, and they have it at a relatively YOUNG age!  They should RELISH those things.  They should be on their knees praising whatever deity they believe in that they manage to have it so good.

Am I bitter about this?  You bet I am!  I'm bitter about it because these guys squander what I DREAM about!  I have no sympathy for these guys, and I wouldn't have any mercy for them either.

No comments: