Saturday, July 24, 2010

Brutally Honest on ShockNet - 07/24/10 - Show Notes

For once, I FINALLY have something to be happy about!

No, it's nothing about the big issues. It's really a small issue.

You see, when I do this show, I have a few dozen programs running, and one of them is the old staple for Brutally Honest... RealPlayer. Even though I've switched things over to MP3 format, I STILL use RealPlayer for their automatic playlist creation, which I haven't been able to duplicate on Windows Media Player or any other free player I could get my hands on. The problem is that for the past few versions, RealPlayer's playing capacity was CRAP! It could create playlists, but when it tried to play them, the player would skip like it was an old record player. This only applied to RealPlayer, though, NOT to WMP or any other media player. And of course RealPlayer developers are in full denial of the problem. They want to blame it on the hard drive or the files themselves.

So for the past year or so, I've had to keep a watchful eye on my playlists that run on RealPlayer, and often having to replay and edit out the skips. And it's a REAL pain in the butt to do that.

But now I have a workaround. I create the automatic playlist in RealPlayer, I convert the whole list to MP3 format in specific folders, and then set up those playlists in WMP and play them there. No skips. No hassles.

It's just a pity I couldn't make the subject of this week's program hassle-free.

What are they? You'll just have to tune in and find out!

So tune in THIS SATURDAY (07/24) right here on ShockNet Radio at 7pm Eastern (6pm Central and 4pm Pacific) over at www.shocknetradio.com and also at Apple's iTunes Radio Player under the "Classic Rock" category.

And don't forget that I have the "Brutally Honest" chatroom at www.shocknetradio.com open during the show, so feel free to join in the discussions.

It's Social... It's Political... It's IN-YOUR-FACE... it's BRUTALLY HONEST!

No comments: