Thursday, June 23, 2005

Quick word on eminent domain decision

Just wanted to drop off a quick word about today's Supreme Court decision concerning Eminent Domain. Longtime Brutally Honest supporters know my stance on this. I've long opposed the repeated, systematic, and blatant abuse of government power that has come about through this power, but at the same time, I had a feeling that the highest court in the land would side with the government on this one. They just gave too many hints in their questions that they wouldn't go against precedence here.

And yes, that decision is a GRAVE injustice to Americans! Once again the justices made a SERIOUS constitutional MISTAKE in allowing local governments the ability to STEAL YOUR PROPERTY and directly hand it over to another private entity.

And yes, I am eager to talk more about it... but not right now.

First up, be sure to check out this week's Brutally Honest audio rant that gets uploaded this Friday evening. I do cover this subject in my rant along with some other serious issues.

Second, I will be going into this issue in detail in next week's column. The tentative title will be "The Death of Private Property in America". That should give you some idea of the direction I'll be taking this matter.

So be patient for a little bit, and believe me I will be going after this matter full-bore. And then come back here and vent away. I really want to hear your views on this matter.

No comments: