Sunday, August 25, 2013

Brutally Honest - LIVE! - 08/26/13 - Show Notes

First, I want to apologize for last Monday's cancellation.

In order to do these broadcasts I need two computers.  The first computer handles the live connection between Get Brutal Productions and with ShockNet Radio itself.  The second computer handles all the sound effects and the chatroom.  A few months back, I lost the monitor for my second computer. So I turned to "Old Reliable", my original bulky 19" CRT monitor. Then that died, so I was out the audio PC.  I managed to set up a workaround with my laptop, which did a superb job these past few weeks... until last weekend when the display died.

Fortunately I was able to get a new monitor for my audio PC, so it is back and running... but I do miss my laptop.

Anyway, on with the show!

This week I have another two-fer discussion subject. BALLMER and BATMAN!

First, Steve Ballmer, the gruff CEO of Microsoft, has announced he is stepping down in the next year or so. He seems to think that his biggest failure was with Windows Vista, but was that really the case? How about their XBox Live with the forced DRM junk? How about MS Surface and the dancing morons? I'm sure a lot of listeners are Microsoft users in one way or another, so I'm wondering what you think of the Post-Bill-Gates Microsoft. Do you like where they are heading? What should they do? Can they recover? SHOULD they recover?

Then there's BATMAN! Or is it BatFLECK? Ben Affleck has agreed to be Batman for the Man of Steel sequel, working with Henry Cavil as Superman and Bryan Cranston (from AMC's "Breaking Bad") as Lex Luthor. This would supposedly be a multi-picture project, with Affleck and Cranston crossing over into other DC movies much like Clark Gregg and Samuel L. Jackson did for Marvel's movies. But is does the Oscar-winning director have what it takes to take over from Christian Bale? Are we talking another surprise like Michael Keaton, or would he be another George Clooney? And why should we even be making this kind of fuss?

That's what up for discussion... and if one subject dominates over the other, then at least I could bring the other subject back the following week.

One more thing: there is a certain announcement that has been going around regarding the future of this program on ShockNet Radio. The staff here is well aware of this announcement and we will formally address it on the Labor Day program.  For those of you who already know what it is, I would ask that you please be patient for one more week before peppering me with questions about it, okay?

Be sure to tune in THIS MONDAY (08/26), right here on ShockNet Radio at 8pm Eastern (7pm Central and 5pm Pacific) over at www.shocknetradio.com and also at Apple's iTunes Radio Player under the "Classic Rock" category.

And don't forget that I'll be in the "BH LIVE" chatroom at www.shocknetradio.com during the show to discuss the subject LIVE, and I'll be taking your calls toll-free in the U.S. and Canada at 866-400-6684

Oh, and by the way, if you like what you hear, if you enjoy the conversations and rants, then tell your friends about the show and have them tune in as well!

When the truth is not enough, it's time for... BRUTALLY HONEST - LIVE!

No comments: