Thursday, February 28, 2013

Brutally Honest - LIVE - 02/25/13 Post-Show Thoughts

Hey guys... haven't done a post-show thought in a while, so I just wanted to get one going.

This past Monday's show was GREAT!  Even though I ended up cutting the last Quick Rant short, I'd rather have THAT problem than to deal with dead air.

For those that stick to the archives, you may notice that at some points the audio cuts out or is choppy.  Unfortunately this is the pitfall of doing remote broadcasts between here in the Atlanta area and the radio station over in Oklahoma City.  The station's broadcast computers are the ones recording the show for the archive, and even with redundancy systems put in, it's still a matter of the signal going from my boards to the server, and if the signal cuts out between here and there, there's nothing we can do.

I'm glad the discussion on gun control and Facebook Junk Food got all of the callers that it did.  Again, it's great to be in a position to where I'm running out of time instead of finding ways to fill in that time.

The suggestion was made after broadcast that I should have a 90-minute show, or even a two-hour show.  I appreciate the suggestion, but for me the problem are listeners and callers.  I need to make sure that I have enough callers to fill that time slot, no matter if it's one hour or even three.  I have to know that the callers and listeners are there every week or else it's just not worth the time.

This, by the way, is why I really have to rely on you guys to help spread the word about my show, and why I always say that if you don't listen to the shows when they are broadcast and just rely on the archives, then you suck.  This is about callers and listeners, no different than the overpaid ego-maniacal syndicated hosts.  They get paid because they bring in both callers and listeners.

By the way, remember when Brent brought up this week's Brutally Honest column concerning newspapers?  Well you can check it out here.  I don't get to talk about the weekly column like I used to because it would take time for me to read it on the air (which is what I did with the podcasts), and then try to get your responses to it, and I really can't do that and some of the other features that have been more popular.  However, if there is time and you want to talk about one of the articles on the radio show, I'm willing to discuss it.

Well that's really it for now.  Time for me to get started on what to talk about on Monday.  If you like what you hear, PLEASE don't keep it to yourself!  Share it! Spread the word!  Get your friends to listen in!

And I'll see you guys this Monday at 8pm ET at www.ShockNetRadio.com for more commentary that is social, political, and BRUTALLY HONEST - LIVE!

No comments: