Monday, October 08, 2012

Brutally Honest on ShockNet - 10/08/12 - Post-Show Thoughts

Okay, today has been very "challenging" for me regarding tonight's show.

First of all, I was having a hard time getting my thoughts together for recording.  Time is never on my side when it comes to the show.

Then my end song gets fouled up over and over again, and no matter what I tried, nothing seemed to make it work, AND I didn't have time to work on the problem.

SO I get the show encoded, I get it uploaded in time... and I find out that the station signal is CR@PPY!!!  Scratchy, jumpy, and (for once) I'm not the only one noticing it.  The station goes down as RJ looks into it, THEN something else comes literally CRASHING in and the problem can't be fixed, so the station goes back up without any resolution.

I was asked if I wanted to do a replay... but if this WAS a live show, doing a replay would not be possible.  And the ultimate goal IS for this to be a live show.

I was also sorely tempted to speed up posting the archive... BUT people could still hear the show, at least as long as ShockNet Radio was broadcasting.  And if there were A LOT of people that complained about missing out on the show, then maybe I would say yes.  BUT I don't see that happening. 

So for the most part, you're going to have to wait until next Monday to hear what you missed through the archives.

BUT, you can read what I posted over at the American Heathen (R) blog site which was the second segment of the show.  And then wait until next Monday to catch up on what else you missed.

By the way, RJ expresses his apology for the audio problems.  He believes the problems are now fixed, so hopefully the rest of the week's broadcasts will be hassle-free.

HELL of a day!


No comments: