Sunday, January 04, 2009

Happy 2009! Short ramblings and Important Updates!

Happy 2009!

I hope you guys had a really great holiday season.

Okay, I have to get a few things off my chest about New Year’s Eve.

CNN: Someone needs to tell Kathy Griffin that she’s running shotgun to Anderson Cooper, and that’s NOT a job you want to amped on whatever she was on that made her into such a frigging PAIN! I had to put the TV on mute just to shut her up… and I’m sure every reporter there that ended up getting their face-time run over by her wished they could do the same thing.

ABC: I’m sorry, but Dick Clark needs to hang it up. I don’t want to say it, but he has gotten more and more unintelligible after his stroke. This year I couldn’t understand what the hell he was saying AT ALL!

I know it’s been a tradition; I know he would like to keep on doing this until he physically can’t, but… HE PHYSICALLY CAN’T! His mouth can no longer physically articulate the thoughts in his head! And I’d like to think that he would be getting better and better after the stroke, but he hasn’t.

Also, and this applies to all of the networks that did on-the-spot reporting, please DO NOT stick a reporter in front of a bunch of screaming banshees that are supposedly someone’s daughters amped up on Starbucks and anticipation of seeing the Jonas Brothers in concert. You will hear nothing but their incessant shrieking. You would think that they would learn this by now, wouldn’t you? After all this was going on back when the Beatles were on TV! Do people not remember these things?

Online: Kudos to MSNBC for doing live streaming simulcast. Panasonic originally sponsored “Earthcam” celebrations but somehow it got reduced to being a one-page streaming shot from Times Square. Still, not bad if you couldn’t get TV and you didn’t want to be hit with endless talking.

YES We Know It’s COLD!: It’s New York on New Year’s Eve. It’s SUPPOSED to be cold! You don’t need to demonstrate how fast a Coca-Cola with ice will become an ice brick.

Oh, and I loved all of the sudden weddings, engagements, and pregnancies. I wonder how many of them were sudden revelations to their friends and relatives.

On the plus side… this year I wasn’t awakened at all times of the night by stupid people shooting off fireworks! Probably can chalk that up to the economy rather than people coming to their senses.


Okay…on to the more important stuff…

I’ve been working on the radio show stuff over the break. I’ve retooled the main theme and will have a new version of it ready when the show comes back with all new material in a couple of weeks.

One of the regular features I want to bring in for 2009 will be a new series called “Dangerous Concepts”, which examines all of the dangerous buzzwords and notions that are a threat to a truly free society. You’ll recognize most if not all of these buzzwords, but you probably won’t be aware of the kind of threat to freedom they really represent.

Also I’ll have some new promos for you guys, and I’m also working on some new “Minute of Clarity” clips, which I’ve been getting plenty of good compliments on.

So… when WILL I be coming back on with all new stuff?

THE BIG WEEK will start as follows:

January 14th: “High Instability” will come back on the air LIVE at 8pm Eastern.

January 16th: “Rock and Roll Diner” will be back on the air LIVE at 8pm Eastern.

January 17th: “Brutally Honest on ShockNet” will be back with NEW material at 7pm Eastern.

January 19th: “Brutally Honest” will have an all-new column just in time for the inauguration of President Obama.

And for those of you that get the podcasts via iTunes, the first archive for 2009 will be posted on January 25th.

The rest of the schedule is still TBA.

Oh, by the way, for those with iTunes podcasts, you may be getting some teasers in the next few weeks. I’ll be working on a few new commercials for ShockNet that I’ll want to include on the website, and the only way I can do that is to upload them to the radio archive. They’re really quick and I’m sure you’ll enjoy them.

It's been a pretty busy time here, guys, so I hope you like what we at ShockNet and Get Brutal Productions have been brewing.

No comments: