Tuesday, April 01, 2008

12 Years and lasting longer than the Energizer Bunny!

It’s been HOW long?

12 years!

April 1st, 1996, the ORIGINAL Brutally Honest column hit the Internet. The original website is still there, although I am in the long and slow and arduous process of moving all of the articles since then over to their new home.

Twelve years!

Seriously. No joking around.

I’m surprised that it’s been that long. It seems like only yesterday I was busy bashing Democrats and Republicans. I’ve heard all of the arguments then and still I hear them today, even when folks like me are proven to be right and the naysayers are proven to be liars and crooks.

I wish I could say that I’ve been the same since, but I think I’ve gotten to be a little more bitter, a little angrier, and a little more frustrated over the years. I’m watching criminals get away with their crimes, and I don’t mean the street punks and the chemical drug pushers. I mean the REAL criminals. The ones with titles by their names like “Senator” and “Congressman” and “Assemblyman” and “Councilman”. Or they’re friends of those people and they go by titles of “Doctor” or “Reverend” or “Chairman”. The ones who cause the most damage to society are not the ones on skid row. They’re the ones sitting in positions of power or are heavily connected to them. And every year they come up with more ways to criminalize OUR actions and steal OUR rights and OUR freedoms and OUR property. And every year they get away with outright CRIMINAL actions because it’s easier for them to do that than to EVER admit that GOVERNMENT COULD BE WRONG about ANYTHING!

No, I’m not bitter about that…. Yeah, like hell I’m not!

But I’m still here, and that’s the important part! The column is still going strong. The blog sites are still going strong. The audio shows had their ups and downs and ups. Talk Liberty sort of imploded, but I still kept the fire going on my own for a couple of years. Now I’m with ShockNet Radio and being simulcast on Freethought Radio and things are looking good.

For those who have been with it from day one, thank you immensely for your support. For those who have just heard about me, stick around, because I think you’ll like what’s coming.

And with that… here comes Lucky Year Thirteen!

No comments: