Sunday, January 27, 2013

On the Eve of the New Season...

Hey guys...

We're on the EVENING BEFORE the launch of the 2013 Brutally Honest season, and I wanted to get a few things taken care of while I have them in my head.

First of all, the first article for 2013 is ready to go tomorrow morning at 6am EST.  Visit the column site tomorrow to read it.

Second... tomorrow night will be the return of "BRUTALLY HONEST - LIVE!"  This is the show that I originally launched in 1999 on the Talk Liberty Network that more or less got driven into obscurity when that live Internet radio medium fizzled out (but not from a lack of trying).

What you've been hearing up until tomorrow night has been a shadow of the kind of program that I've wanted to provide.  When Talk Liberty fizzled out, I was reduced to doing pre-recorded audio rants.  "Brutally Honest on ShockNet Radio" expanded on those pre-recorded rants, but they were just short of what RJ and I wanted the show to be.

What was missing then was the LIVE component.  So it's not just me talking my head off.  It's also the live interaction.  It's taking your calls and reacting to them.  This is the element that puts me on the same level as the big leagues.  I'm not just "casting my pod" as CA continually harps me about.  (Don't worry, though, he'll still be able to harp on Al Stefanelli for "casting his pod" on Sunday nights.)

And IT IS more than just me this time around.  I DO have a producer, which I'll introduce on the air.  And I also have a call-screener!  So not only will I be taking calls, I'll also have a call-screener to put you in the queue!

The number?  It should be familiar to ShockNet regulars: 866-400-6684

BUT please don't call until the second half of the show.  Seriously.  Gladys, my call-screener from Jersey, is under orders to not take calls until after the half-hour break.

SO... let's see... what else...

I will have the archives back, but I won't be the one handling the recording, so I can't guarantee we'll have it EVERY week.  That's the producer's job... and that job is a bit complicated.  I'll explain why during the show.  If you don't want to miss a thing, then you really need to TUNE IN EVERY MONDAY NIGHT!

Also, to answer a question that I was asked a few months back... no, there WILL NOT BE A WRITTEN TRANSCRIPT!

This actually goes back to the original incarnation of BHL.  Back then when I told folks I was doing a live radio show, some people said they couldn't hear the show but they wanted a transcript.  Then other folks who also listened to the show asked for transcripts.  The problem was that people stopped listening to the show and instead were getting the transcripts.  Well why should I spend all of that time, energy, and effort to do a RADIO show if people aren't going to actually LISTEN to that show and instead get the TRANSCRIPTS of it?

SO when I started doing "Brutally Honest on ShockNet Radio" I said that I was through with people getting transcripts.  I want people to actually LISTEN TO MY SHOW!  This is what I put time, energy, and effort into and I want to see all that paid off with actual listeners!  It's like someone saying that they like pizza when they've never actually eaten a pizza.

It's Monday night.  It's 8pm Eastern Time.  It's LIVE Internet radio!  You can listen to it if you have an iPhone.  You can listen to it if you have an iPad.  You can listen to it if you have a computer.  You don't have to be in the chatroom, but it would be nice... especially since we have a BRAND NEW CHATROOM (Java-free no less).  You don't have to call in during the second half of the show, but it would be nice, especially since I have Gladys, my new call-screener from Jersey.  All I'm asking is that you tune in.  Take a listen. It's www.ShockNetRadio.com.  You can also find it in the Classic Rock category in the iTunes radio player.  It's just an hour.  No long breaks.  It's me and the other listeners and whomever calls in. 

Just listen.  Who knows?  You might even LIKE it!

OH!  I ALMOST forgot!  The call-in discussion topic for our debut show!
"Is it time we abandon the United States Constitution?"

Agree?  Disagree?  TUNE IN at 8pm Eastern, 7pm Central to hear what I have to say about that, and also hear what OTHER people have to say.

www.ShockNetRadio.com - the home for Classic Rock and Classic Talk!

No comments: