Saturday, February 14, 2009

Brutally Honest on ShockNet - 02/14/09 Show Notes

This has NOT been my weekend...

So RJ and I do all of the behind-the-scenes tweaking, and here I think I have all of the time in the world to get the stuff needed for my show done tonight.

And what happens? My main computer monitor craps out on Friday morning. Yes, my nice 19" gaming monitor from ViewSonic decided to short out on Friday the 13th! And it was off-warrantee now. So I spent ALL DAY on Friday pricing and shopping and looking for a replacement monitor, and I end up biting the bullet and getting a new widescreen monitor. BUT by the time I finish all of the tweaks and turns and fixes for the monitor to be working, it's almost midnight. My whole day was essentially shot.

So here I am on Valentine's Day... the day that I dread just as much as Friday the 13th... and I've been working my butt off since I got up at 7am to finish work on my show. I'm rushing to get this done and I get text messages here, and emails there and instant messages everywhere... where am I? How am I doing? I'm busting my butt, that's what I'm doing! I've been running on coffee all day. AND on top of it all, as I'm doing the recording, I'm getting static on the line... again. Only this time I figured out where this is coming from, but it's too late to fix it and re-record everything. AND time is not on my side, because now RJ is calling me and saying he NEEDS the show up ASAP or else it won't get queued in the system.

So tonight's show is going to be flawed. It's going to have static and scratches and a few flubs. I'm sorry, but I can't help it. Time is against me. I've fixed the static so next week's show will hopefully come out better, but as it is right now the quality is less than normal.

So what's on tap that I kept on trying to get out? Well I cover some letters from listeners... we have Obama in the news (no big surprise)... we have two companies going bankrupt... we have a whiny mayor that needs to cash in his chips... then we have this social fixation on parenting and how it applies to the woman that gave birth to 8 in vitro babies on top of the 6 others she already had... and then I go over the difference between opposition and insurrection, and which one of those two things the Republicans DO NOT want to be heading towards. There IS a reason why I'm so hard on these guys, and it's not about sour grapes.

All of that is TONIGHT (02/14) here on ShockNet Radio at 7pm Eastern Time (6pm Norman time and 4pm Hefner Time) over at www.shocknetradio.com and also at Apple's iTunes Radio Player under either "Classic Rock" or "Talk/Spoken Word" categories.

Brutally Honest: The New Heresy Begins Here!

No comments: