Friday, November 30, 2007

Great follow-up on my rant..

Judith Warner posted what I consider to be a GREAT follow-up to my rant from 11/21 called "Cyberspace Destroyers". She really put the whole bad parenting thing right out there for people to see.

Here's a quick peek...

The Meier case got massive play in the national media this past week, coming as it did on the heels of a major new survey showing that up to one in three children in the United States have been harassed or bullied online.

But for me the tragedy highlighted another troubling issue that threatens our homes just as steadily as poisonous online communications. That is the disturbing degree to which today’s parents – and mothers in particular – frequently lose themselves when they get caught up in trying to smooth out, or steamroll over, the social challenges faced by their children.

Anyway, check it out, and let me know what you think about it all.

No comments: