Friday, April 20, 2007

Quick complaint: online polls

Okay, I have a quick complaint about online polls.

Why is it that most of the online polls I come across seem to have only two really crappy responses?

Here’s a good example from an ACTUAL online poll:

Question: Having children is…

Option A: a right.

Option B: a privilege.

That’s it. Those are the only two options!

How about a few more options?

Option C: an annoyance to others.

Option D: a waste of resources.

Option E: a blessing.

Option F: a biological function.

Option G: a burden I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy.

I could go on and on, you I think you get the point. I mean, NEITHER of the original options is a good answer to the question, and it doesn’t express your true feelings on the subject.

Or you get the poll question with the complex answer such as…

Question: Do you think we are winning in Iraq?

Option A: I support the War in Iraq and in George W. Bush’s attempt to rid the world of evil Islamic terrorists. George W. Bush is the greatest man to ever hold that job. I would sell my soul and the souls of my children’s children for him.

Option B: I have never supported the War in Iraq. I hate our president. I hate our country. I wish I was never born.

I mean, YOU KNOW you’re forcing a person to make a stupid response, one way or another! Or else they don’t participate… kind of like how people don’t participate in our elections today because they think that they only have two options to choose from, and those two options really SUCK.

Come on guys! How about giving us poll question that don’t suck? If you want us to participate, then give us a few more options!

No comments: