Friday, October 20, 2006

The Dwarf Backs Down?

Well this is an interesting follow-up to this week's rant on North Korea...

Apparently Kim Jong Il has decided to back down from doing any more nuclear tests and says that he "regrets" doing the first nuke test.

Like I said in my rant, I'll believe it when I see it. This guy is not to be trusted. His government has weaseled out of promises before, so he doesn't even warrant the Reagan standard of "Trust but verify".

What bugs me is that the cons and neo-cons (and other Bush-kissers) are crowing about how it was the Bush Imperium's "tough stance" that caused the dwarf to back down! "See? It's all George W. Bush and the REPUBLICAN foreign policy that did it! The DEMOCRATS wouldn't have been able to do it! The DEMOCRATS would have done bilateral treaty negotiations like they did ten years ago and let North Korea get away with even more stuff!"

Sorry, but I gotta call BS on that!

IF North Korea is backing down - and again I won't believe it until I see it - and IF they are even remotely sincere about their "regret" of their first nuke test, it has LESS to do with the Bush Imperium's stance and EVERYTHING to do with what CHINA did.

China sent over their handlers to speak with the dwarf. No doubt their "conversation" (and I use that word loosely) went something along the lines of "You are embarassing us. If you don't clean up your act then we won't protect you or harbor your personal luxuries any more. We'll let the US do whatever they want to you."

If North Korea is sincere, then fine, one less headache to deal with... for now. But we should keep them in mind as well. Posers demanding attention don't stay silent for long.

No comments: