Sunday, December 16, 2012

"Brutally Honest - LIVE" Returns For 2013

Get Brutal Productions
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

“Brutally Honest on ShockNet Radio” returns to “Brutally Honest- LIVE!”

Atlanta, Georgia - December 16, 2012 - Get Brutal Productions and ShockNet Radio have announced that “Brutally Honest on ShockNet Radio” will return to ShockNet Radio for the 2013 season in a live online broadcast format.  This will mark the first time that the show will be in a regular live format since its reincarnation from the now-defunct Talk Liberty Network.

Show host David 2 says that the transformation from a pre-recorded “podcast” to live format will be a challenge but is also an inevitable step for his program.

“This show originally began as a live broadcast on Talk Liberty,” he explained.  “And when we started talking about bringing the show back through ShockNet Radio, the ultimate goal was for it to go live.”

“Brutally Honest” originally began as “Brutally Honest - LIVE” in 1999 but eventually went to pre-recorded status when the Talk Liberty Network lost its live streaming capacity.  The program continued from 2003 until 2007 as the pre-recorded “Brutally Honest Rants” hosted on the official “Brutally Honest” website.  The show then resumed as a regular broadcast in pre-recorded format in 2008 under the name “Brutally Honest on ShockNet Radio”.

With the return of the live format, the show name will also return to its original title of “Brutally Honest - LIVE!”

ShockNet Radio station manager RJ Evans says that the show will continue to be done from David 2’s remote soundboard in the greater Atlanta area and will be accessed remotely through software connected to the station’s broadcasting server in Oklahoma City.  But Evans makes clear that David 2 will be running the show from Atlanta.

“I’ll have my own staff helping me out on this,” David 2 said.  “I will have a producer here that will handle call screenings and make sure that I’m on-time with my required station breaks.  These are things that RJ would normally do if I was in Oklahoma City, but here I’ll have my own people.”

David 2 had previously worked with Evans on live broadcasts both with his work with the “American Heathen®” program and in two special broadcasts from Oklahoma City.  As with those special broadcasts, David 2 will also be taking listener calls.

“This part will be a challenge for me,” David 2 said, “because with a podcast it’s just me talking.  There’s no way to interact.  Even when I did live broadcasts with Talk Liberty, there was no way for me to actually talk with people.  Now I’ll be relying on listeners just like normal mainstream radio hosts.  And hopefully our listeners will be up to the challenge of helping me take this show to the level of normal mainstream radio programs.”

“Brutally Honest - LIVE” will resume on ShockNet Radio on Monday, January 28th, 2013, at 8pm Eastern Time, 7pm Central Time, on www.shocknetradio.com

No comments: